Monday, September 3, 2012

Winter 2012

Winter with the Reeves Family
December 2011- February 2012

We have experienced a very mild winter this year.  No snow days....  Brynley is getting bigger and bigger everyday.  She is still on the chunky side, but we wouldn't want her any other way!
 
 
Decemeber 8th was a very big day for the Reeves family!  I found out I was expected another baby!  Jeff was at his work Christmas party that evening, and I had a feeling I might be pregnant.  Soooo, I took a test and it was definitely positive!  I thought it would be fun to wrap the test up in a box, and give it to Jeff when he got home that evening.  He opened it, and was very suprised, and excited!  It has been a whirlwind since then and we are elated to add another little one to our family.  We found out we are due around August 14th.  We thought it would be fun to keep the excitement in, until Christmas, and tell our family then.  It was hard to keep the secret, but we did it.  I took a picture of Brynley in a BIG SISTER shirt, and wrapped it up for my parents, and Jeff's parents.  My parent's opened theirs on Christmas Eve.  They were completely shocked and excited.  It took my mom a second to get it, but atfer she read it out loud, she got it!  The next day on Christmas, we did the same with Jeff's parents.  Kris opened it up and had the same reaction as well.  It was so fun to share our news with our family this way.  We also found out other good news on Christmas Day.....Jennifer and John are engaged!  YEA!  So glad to be welcoming John to our family. Jennifer & John got married in January and we could not be more happy for them. 
 
 
 
We took this picture to inform our friends and family once I was passed my 1st trimester.

The first trimester of my pregnancy, I was nauseous, just like I was with Brynley.  Brynley, of course has no idea I am pregnant.  In fact, she never quite understood it the entire pregnancy.  She did start becoming more fond of playing with her "babies".  She would pretend she was a mother to her baby dolls and stuffed animals.  I bought her a new "baby" that came with a bottle and made baby sounds.  She LOVES playing with it.
 
This winter, we did some fun things with our families.  In January, I took Brynley to Houston for my cousin's Quince.  I rode with my parents and Ally & Michael.  Overall, Brynley did fairly well.  We did get lost getting to our hotel, which was right about the time, Brynley had enough of being in a car seat.  We actually missed the ceremony, but really enjoyed the reception.  I am very glad I went, since this was my last time to see my Uncle Charles.  In February, Jeff took Brynley to Oklahoma for a Wedding Shower for Jennifer & John.  I was not able to attend, because I was working.  I did judge quite a few dance competitions, but only worked ones that were in town. 
 
We also went to Grapevine Mills mall with my mom, sisters and their kids.  We ate at Rainforest Cafe.  In late February, the weather started to get nice again, so I began taking Brynley for walks after work, in her new wagon.....which she LOVES!   My parents hosted a "UP" party, where we played fun activities and watched the movie "Up".  We had lots of fun, but Brynley and I didn't make it through the movie.  She is still a bit too young to sit still. 
 
 
All the cousins at McDonald's
 
New Years Eve party at the Rosenfeld's home.  Wowo & Brynley played with shaving cream. 
 
Brynley dancing at the Quince in Houston.
 B in the long car ride to Houston.
  She loves bath time!!
 B loves to pretend she is sweeping the floor.  One day, I will have her trained!
 Rainforest Cafe
 Brynley loves feeding her "baby"...so sweet!  Good practice for when her sister comes!
 Valentine's Day dinner at home
 Brynley loves riding in her wagon to the park.
 
 The "Up" movie night at my parent's home. 
 The kids released balloons with pictures of a home.
 My parent's awesome pool!
 
 
Brynley
Brynley is growing up so fast.  Now that she is walking, she is into everything and always on the move.  She is slowly starting to be a little more independent when she plays, as well.  She continues to love her new chair, and has slowly started to play more with her kitchen.  Her vocabulary is getting better each day too.  She started calling Jeff, "Papa", instead of "Dad-dy"....silly girl! 
I have ralized that she mimics a lot of what she sees, such as sweeping the floor, cleaning, putting away trash, etc.  She is such a smart girl!  She is sleeping through the night very well, but we continue to rock her to sleep and give her a night time bottle.  She is eating fairly well too, and has really begun to feed herself independently too.  It is still very tough to take her to restaurants, as she doesn't like to sit still in her high chair.  Overall, Brynley is becoming one intelligent and sassy little girl.  We love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment