Monday, September 3, 2012

Spring 2012

Spring  2012 with the Reeves Family
 (March- May)

This spring, we have been blessed with great weather.  We have had a  very mild winter, and very breezy spring thus far. 

The month of March was very bittersweet.....full of ups and downs.  We also revealed the gender of our baby to our families.  We had a gender reveal party at my parent's home and cooked out & swam. 
It's a GIRL....again! 




YEA!  I am so excited we are having another girl.  Brynley is going to be a great big sister. 
 



On a sad note, March was a rather tough month for our families. In early March, Jeff found out that his dad has stage 4 lung cancer. We pray that he get better, but it has been really tough on Jeff. Also, this month, my Uncle Charles passed away on Monday, March 19th. He died at 3:30 in the afternoon in his home. He amazed us with his strength and will to live, as he battled pancreatic cancer for 5 years. We all drove down for the funeral on Friday. On our way down, we got a call saying that our grandfather had a bad fall and they thought he had pneumonia. We were all so worried, and felt helpless since we were out of town. After we got to Houston, we all met our relatives at Charles and Patti's house. My grandfather was progressively getting worse and it was suggested that my mom come home. The Peters family also went back to Dallas, while the Rosenfelds and us stayed in Houston for the funeral. We came home immediately after the funeral and went straight to the hospital. On Monday night, my grandfather passed away to be with my uncle and grandmother. It was such a tough couple of weeks, but I know they are in a better place. We miss them very much.
The day of my grandfather's funeral, we held the "celebration of his life" at my mom's home. So many family members and friends came. In fact, many people even swam in our parent's pool for the 1st time! I even let Brynley get in the hot tub for a little bit. After a lot of people left, some of the kids were still swimming. William jumped in the pool while we weren't looking.....thankfully, Michelle saw him just before he went under. She jumped in, with her dress on, and saved her little boy. It scared us all to death. We are so thankful he is Ok. 


Once the weather got nice, I started taking Brynley outside nearly everyday, because she LOVES being outdoors. She really loves playing at the park, going on walks in her new wagon, or just chilling on the back patio at our house.


In April, we really started to enjoy the weather. It was still a little too cold for the pool, but luckily, my parents heat their pool for us! YEA! We began this month with Easter at the Easler home. Brynley got to enjoy her first, REAL egg hunt. She actually did really well and picked up quite a few eggs. Next Easter, I'm sure she will do even better! We also enjoyed swimming at my parents pool nearly every weekend. I just love their back yard....it is so relaxing! This month, we also started Brynley at the Little Gym. She is doing fairly well, but definitely enjoys exploring more than group activities. We also celebrated Jeff's bday this month, and I had Brynley's teacher have her create some art for Jeff for his bday. 

In May, we continued to enjoy my parent's pool most weekends.  Mid May, Jeff and I went to Ft. Lauderdale for Tony & Laura's wedding.  We were gone about a week.  My parents watched B part of the time, and Jeff's parents watched her the other half.  We had such a wonderful time.  I was pregnant, so I couldn't drink, but still enjoyed being around our friends.   



 
Going on a walk to the park
 Easter 2012
 Brynley's 1st Easter Egg hunt.  She did so well!
 Brynley and Will in the small pool
 Brynley's 1st class at The Little Gym.  She loves it!
 Stacking jello cups
 Brynley walking into daycare with her backpack, like a BIG girl! 
 Brynley's 1st piece of artwork, she made at daycare, for her Daddy's bday!
 Brynley playing with her kitchen
 She loves sitting in her new chair....and espcially loves being outside!
 Brynley loves sitting at her new chair and table. 
 Brynley has discovered chips and queso, and LOVES it.  We also found that sitting her in a booth, works so much better at restaurants.
 Katie, me, and Laura in Ft. Lauderdale
 Me and Jeff at Tony & Laura's wedding
 The Groomsmen for Tony & Laura's wedding
 Beautiful views in Ft. Lauderdale
 Chillin at the pool!

Brynley is at a very fun stage right now.  She is becoming so independent, and loves babbling and playing games.  She especially loves playing with her kitchen Santa brought her for Christmas. She likes to pretend she is cooking and gives us bites of her food.  It's so cute!  She also loves sitting in her chair outside, or sitting at her table and drawing or playing.  Even though she has become more independent, she is also still very clingy to us....especially mommy.  If we aren't playing on the ground right next to her, then she will grab your hand and she will lead you to where she wants you to sit/ play.  Pretty cute!

She is babbling a lot more these days.  Some of the new words she has said this spring:

No....(oh dear!...she has this one down REALLY well)
Mine
Uh Oh
Bubbles (Bub-bum)
Daddy
Mamma
Papa
Wowo
Wawa (water)
Aqua (water)
Baba (bottle)
Bye Bye
Hi
Sit (sit down)


She is such a smart girl!  Since she has become much more independent, I have been trying to teach her to do things to help me out, since I am pregnant and much more exhausted.  Walking into daycare with her backpack on, walking out of daycare, throwing away her diapers in the diaper trash can, putting her dirty clothes in the hamper, helping put away her clean clothes (still working on this one), cleaning up her toys, and throwing away trash.  She also seems to understand me pretty well too.  When I ask her is she is ready to eat, she goes straight to her high chair (if she is ready and hungry).  I will also ask her if she wants to go outside, she goes stright to the door....which she loves to do!  Or, I will ask her to throw away trash and knows exactly where to take it, but wants me to come with her. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment