Monday, April 4, 2011

Brynley- 3rd month

BRYNLEY




3 months




First trip to the Dallas Arboretum




2-22-11 1st time on grass....she loved it! Mommy & Brynley
Brynley loves going on walks

All smiles!


I Love NY! Kristina bought me this cute outfit.



Brynley's 1st day of daycare!!



Daycare wore her out. She took a 3 hour nap after daycare!



Wearing beads for Fat Tuesday!











Happy St. Patty's Day!



At the Mall with cousins.




1st carousel ride!



I love my bumbo chair!












Cookout at Mama & Papa's house Hanging out with Mama & Papa







This month was a tough month, because I had to go back to work. I ended up going back a few days sooner, so I wouldn't lose out on too much money on my paycheck, plus I wanted to save some days in case of an emergency. I ended up being home with Brynley for a total of 11 weeks. I'm very grateful for those extra weeks, so I could bond with my baby girl. I had Brynley start a half day at daycare so we could both get used to the new transition of not being together.








MILESTONES

This month Brynley has progressed so much. She has definitely found her hands! She loves to stare at them and suck on them. She has found her thumb a few times, but no real thumb sucking yet. She follows us around with great focus now. She still despises tummy time, but we still have her do it everyday. She has no interest in trying to roll over yet. She still loves her activity gym and is trying to grab things, but doesn't have a good grasp just yet. She still doesn't like being in her car seat. It gives me great anxiety, because anytime I need to run errands, I worry she'll start to cry. Jeff and I continue to give her a bath every night together. We love to see her smile and kick. We also continue to swaddle her when she sleeps. I dread the day when I wean her off....because I am scared she may not sleep through the night if I stop.



First Laugh

She had her first real laugh on March 6! She was sitting on Daddy's lap and Mommy next to him. Daddy was singing silly songs to Brynley and she laugh a few times. She didn't laugh again this entire month. Her laugh now is more of one syllable sound, and she smiles.

Week 9


This week I took Brynley to the Dallas Arboretum with my mom, Aunt Marion, and Aunt Elizabeth. We had such a great time and B did so well. That evening I had BUNCO. On the way there, I wasn't feeling very well. I felt like I was running a fever and had chills. I had my dad take me home. I ended up running a fever of 104 two nights in a row. I had a kidney infection! The Dr. put me on antibiotics, which I couldn't breastfeed. I pumped for two days, then decided to quit all together. It was a tough decision, but after weighing the pros and cons, I decided it was for the best for me. She transitioned to formula very well, since we had been giving her a bottle every evening.


Week 10


This was my last week of maternity leave with Brynley. I tried to savor every moment. I tried to get as much accomplsihed and organized before I started back and got really busy. We had a Mountain Trip meeting this week to discuss our summer vacation!


Week 11


Brynley started at daycare with Ms. Monica this week. We found a great in-home daycare for a wonderful rate. Her first day was only a half day. She did great! I didn't cry until I got to my car.....then I just bawled. It was definitely harder on me than it was on her. After I picked her up, she slept for 3 hours!




Week 12


This was my first week back to work and Brynley's first full week of daycare. That first day was tough, but it was nice to converse with adults and to see my students again. Every evening, after daycare, Brynley usually falls asleep in the car on the way home or takes a long nap when we get home.



Week 13

This was my spring break!! Yea, I got to spend the whole week with Brynley! One day we ate lunch with Daddy, Grammy, Pops, and Aunt Jennifer. We also enjoyed St. Patrick's Day and went to the mall a couple times. I even spent one day with Michael, Ally, Mama, and Brynley. We went to lunch, fed the ducks, and went to the park. That weekend, Mama and Papa hosted a cookout at their house. We roasted marshmallows, flew kites and enjoyed each others company in the back yard....so fun! The next day we went to Grammy & Pops house and enjoyed delicious gumbo with the Appersons.




No comments:

Post a Comment